No matter how you identify yourself (multipotentialite, scanner, renaissance person, split mentality or no label at all), you will always be faced with opposition and criticism because of how your mind works.
When trying to explain to someone you function and think differently than others, do you often get these types of responses?
- The person says nothing, but secretly just thinks you’re lazy.
- The person says something condescending, implying that we would “all like to just do whatever we wanted every day. But some of us have to work for a living”
- A person makes a comment about immaturity and that you need to grow up.
- The person immediately takes offense because they think you are somehow implying you are better or smarter than they are.
- A person may humor your belief on your mentality, but when angered or frustrated they admit they really don’t understand you.
Don’t get mad at people for this—it’s just part of how society has everyone wired. We are wired differently because we struggle with normality, but by no means does that make us better than anyone else. In fact, it’s actually the opposite. Most of us have struggled our entire lives because of how our mind works.